AND OTHER STUFF . . . .

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 30 -- The Best Gift

There is no shortage of individuals with Down syndrome who inspire. The young lady in this story is evidently a fantastic dancer. I am going to see if I can find video of her dancing-- it would be so great to see her in action. One of the most memorable things about this article is how her dad's pride comes through. He has a lovely quote, "Thalia is the best gift that God has given us."

While there are many kids with and without Down syndrome who will never make the news, their strengths shine and motivate us daily to be better people. Those strengths may be an indomitable attitude, a determined spirit, or simply a beautiful smile. I know that my kids are definitely up there with the best gifts that God has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment