AND OTHER STUFF . . . .

Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 15 -- These Boots Were Made for Walkin'

I am one tired woman, but the good kind of tired. I feel, in a way, like I have mastered this city of Madison by traipsing over it by foot. (Now Mom, if you are reading, just skip this one. Please know I am bringing you something good!) You see, Mom would not do this without a pistol in her purse. On second thought, Mom would not do this.

With Ted in a meeting all day, I went long and far from the hotel all by myself in search of fun and funky boutiques, and I was rewarded handsomely. After seeing all kinds of unique items and taking my time doing it (and purchasing a few), I headed for the campus part of town. I took in another impressive art museum and grabbed some lunch. I love the famous State Street because it is closed to traffic, giving the students and their bikes the run of it. I hit another contemporary art museum on the way back, as well as a few more shops. It felt strange but comfortable to be alone all day; it was a very enjoyable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment