AND OTHER STUFF . . . .

Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 22 -- Now We're Cooking

I can’t tell you how much I wish I lived near this guy! I found this story by Kari over at a typical son, and she gave me permission to re-blog it. (Go visit Kari—I find her writing to be thought provoking. Her husband writes for the blog, too!) The guy in this story is not only handsome, but loves having his own restaurant. If he lived near me, we would probably be in there all the time. I hope his locals are!

Just reading what all he has done is so inspirational. My son N often talks about, “What if we had our own restaurant, what would we be cooking today?” (I usually tell him that that sounds SO exhausting and maybe he should just go find a job in an existing restaurant.) IHOP is his love, and since they always hang a banner that says “Now Hiring”, he considers it potential employment. (Come to think of it, he already can make a mean omelet!)

I hope you enjoy the story here and be sure to click on "About Tim".

Meanwhile, N is headed to a Costume Karaoke party tonight. He can dress like any rock star or singer. I have almost convinced him to be Jimmy Buffett. Hawaiian shirt and lei, plus sunglasses ought to get it. (Creativity with costumes does not seem to be hard-wired within me!) We parents are not invited, but I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall there.

No comments:

Post a Comment