AND OTHER STUFF . . . .

Monday, February 28, 2011

Phoenix Learning Resources

I have referenced my joy at having some learning resources to turn to for my son. These were given to us by The Wizard some years back, and when I dug them out several months ago, I was thrilled to see that I could still order things. This website is straightforward, just like their materials. There is not a lot of “fluff” or clutter to distract me the student from the main concepts.

Their reading comprehension series has questions to answer. I know someone who likes to do homework who may love these!

I also like that there are so many levels to choose from. We have ordered several paperback books that are high interest/low level. They offer many great classics, such as Robin Hood and The Trojan Horse. The science curriculum is fabulous, too, and we used that years ago. The stories are factual and interesting, without a lot of fanfare. I am thinking of getting a new one on my son’s level, just for fun, since he is very interested in science. I may just read them aloud.

I recently ordered a critical thinking workbook for N, and I will let you know how that goes. There is so much to be had here! Take a look and see what you think. I would love to work for a place like this. It combines all my loves – reading, gaining information, learning new things—all at one’s own comprehension level.

Check it out at Phoenix Learning Resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment