AND OTHER STUFF . . . .

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Reading by Example (Except it rarely works)

Well, if it only works for snow days when there is low activity around the house, so be it! As I have said, it bothers me no small amount that this teen does not enjoy reading for pleasure. However, with our recent snow (and no school for 3 days!), my husband and I enjoyed quite a bit of reading. One day I walked into the family room to discover this scene and nearly fell out! I guess he started thinking, "If you can't beat 'em, then join 'em!" YES! (I am pumping my fist, even as I type!)

I haven't seen it since, though. We have had 69 degree weather the last few days, so it is outdoors and basketball for this young man. I wish it made him happy to read alone, like it does me. But, he is a mover and a shaker and much prefers to get physical. Guess I'll have to wait for more snow.

1 comment:

  1. Growing up I always had my 'nose in a book' and I hope my kiddos take after me :) great pic!

    ReplyDelete