AND OTHER STUFF . . . .

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Guide to Keeping Connected

Marriage. Can you say it like the little priest in “The Princess Bride”? (Maaa-widge.) I guess Valentine’s Day has it on the forefront of my mind. Plus I have read a few blogs lately where marriages are stressed, due to parenting a child or children with special needs. It is tough to stay married in our culture; the stats do not look good. But throw in the challenge of parenting a child with special needs, and the stats are – well, not as good.

I take hope, though, in all the things that bring us closer in marriage. Often our joint effort with our child brings us closer. And the joy of the child's successes is much sweeter together. I am not Polly Anna, however. I know there are so many factors which can push us away from each other, which is why I keep my eyes open for information to help, not hurt my marriage.

I found this book recently at the library. I am barely into it, and I am so fascinated and encouraged by it! Anybody want to do book club with this one?? The authors really get it-- I can't wait to get further into it.

If you are married, with or without children with special needs, it is energizing to read something with the intention of giving your relationship a shot in the arm. Your spouse (and you) will be glad you did!


Now, for your listening pleasure, from "The Princess Bride". (I could not resist!)

No comments:

Post a Comment