AND OTHER STUFF . . . .

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Little Tweak (but not a Tweet) to the Blog

Well, today I decided to reduce the length of my blog title and rename it. We are now at www.speciallydesignedblog.blogspot.com. I had a little help from my 19 year old. Ok, a lot.

Sometimes I wonder where I would be without his technological influence and other influence—pop culture, etc. For instance, if it were not for him, I probably would not have fallen so hard and so deep into Lost. (Maybe not such a good example-- that was how many seasons without good closure?) He likes this social networking and he does it all; he Tweets, he blogs on Tumblr (which I am enjoying as a spectator), and who knows what all else. I am amazed and want to join the fun but feel like I need a class. I used to wonder what on earth I would comment on before I joined Facebook. Now I realize I have more than a few sentences to share!

After he helped me, we had a thought provoking discussion about social networking (and more) where I felt like I was the student and he was the teacher. I squirmed in my seat while he asked me some really good questions. Some of which, I need more time to think on! I told him that my purpose for this blog was mainly to encourage other moms of kids who have special needs. My concerns about exploiting his brother were quickly put to rest, and he emboldened me to blog for sheer self expression. He claims that this is an okay primary objective. Since this area is more of his world than it is mine, I think I’ll trust him on that. What a cool guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment