AND OTHER STUFF . . . .

Monday, August 23, 2010

ChocoLOVE

Whether its cause is hormonal or triggered by too many changes going on in my life right now, it is undisputable that chocolate is a need and not a “want”. After school today, I decided that N and I would swing by our neighborhood Walgreen’s for some lovely chocolate. Said Walgreen’s has profited greatly by locating near me, if only from my visits to their candy aisle.

Only one thing caused me to lose my laser fine concentration on the task at hand-- N seemed to somehow know each vice that would be more than a subtle temptation for me! He pretty well skipped down the aisle, stopping at each likely spot to sway me. “Dark chocolate Raisinets, Mom?” I snapped to attention only briefly, as I was pondering the dark chocolate with red pepper by Lindt. While I was comparing the finer points of various Dove promises, he went straight to the coconut M&M’s, and said, “Ooooh, look, your favorite!” (I do love them so.) He has been paying much closer attention than I thought. (And he isn’t even in on half of these trips for the quick fix.)

I was disappointed that there were not more Dove promises in these small boxes, and he quickly located the BAGS of them. Yay, N! My partner in crime is more adept at finding the bigger versions! I’ll keep him on in his current position.

We got in the car and dug in to our treasure. “Ahhhhhhhhh, chocolate heaven,” said he. I couldn’t have said it better myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment