AND OTHER STUFF . . . .

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Very Brady Kind of House with Flower Power



We have several unique features to our house, which was built in 1970. One of them is our "coke bottle" glass surrounding the front door. Oh, boy, was that gonna be the first thing I fixed! Nearly 13 years later, it still proudly guards sentry at the front. We have a cool wet bar with avocado green countertops, which I hear are back. The wet bar also boasts a lotus type light fixture. Groovy!

I have gotten rid of the swag lamps that once hung so gracefully from my bathroom ceiling. We have floored over the previous kitchen linoleum and tiled over "genuine Mexican vinyl" in the laundry room (wish I had a picture of that!). But our entry floor still looks like . . . avocado with potato chips in it. The avocado part is my description, but a visiting kid once said, "Hey! That looks like potato chips in your floor! Is it?"

An area rug kinda covered it, but I found another recently that I LOVE and it covers a little more. I don't feel the need to be rid of the floor anymore, especially when I think of walking on potato chips.

Do you like my new rug, too?

1 comment:

  1. Love the rug. People on etsy.com pay big money for anything 70's. I love it too. Oh did you bell bottoms are back!!!

    ReplyDelete