AND OTHER STUFF . . . .

Friday, September 16, 2011

Falling for you

Oh, Fall, how I love you! Let me count the ways . . . Wait, how many (or rather, how few) days ago was it that I was lamenting an approaching 96* day? Things can switch around rather quickly here. But if pumpkins the size of basketballs are in the grocery store and I put the lovely fall wreath on the door, I can will fall here, right? Well, maybe not to stay.

What is Indian Summer anyway? I think it is when a few hot days come back here and there. Maybe that's what we had. But today is cool and crisp, and I think I smell cinnamon. Football captivates many minds around me and shorts are not the first item I reach for each day. (But don't be thinking I am ditching my beloved flip flops yet. They are the last remnant of summer every year!)

Mostly, I think, fall brings change. And change is exciting.

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~Stanley Horowitz

No comments:

Post a Comment