AND OTHER STUFF . . . .

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Current Event for Today

Going on right now in Nebraska is a very inspiring event – National Games for Special Olympics , USA. You can click here for up to date news on the Games. It is a treat and a thrill to go to the State Games; I cannot imagine what it must be like on the national level. What I can imagine is that the athletes are all having a ball right now! I happen to know one very talented girl who excels in aquatics. She is in Nebraska at the moment and has a throng of fans (count me!) following her many achievements. She was even invited to swim in the World Games in Shanghai a few years ago and did very well. I am so proud to know her!
You can also go here for some good history and facts on this fantastic organization.

The Special Olympics motto is "Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt." I would add that it seems that many athletes have also taken on the motto “let me enjoy this competition and all its social aspects to the fullest!” May we be brave in our attempts today and enjoy those around us!

No comments:

Post a Comment